10.18.2011

Do You Believe In Magic?


Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart?
How the music can free her whenever it starts.

A few months ago, I would've told you that I believe in serendipity when it comes to love--something like the fates pushing me in one direction, one path in life. I was being pointed towards a specific path and though I'd have to wait, it was what I wanted. But now, I'm starting to realize there are many options in my life at this point. I distinctly remember one night back in March, Allie and I were sitting on the floor in her room discussing this very thing. We know our career paths and our long term goals, but we don't know what paths to take to lead us to "the one". Is it silly for me to believe there is just one person out there for meant me?

Patti, my old sorority advisor and dear friend, told me once that her daughter believes that there isn't "a one" for everyone. She believes she could've been equally happy with any guy. But Patti disagrees with her. Her husband, Scott, has always told her, "I would've found you, no matter where you were, because you and I were meant for each other and no one else." Doesn't that just make your heart melt? Being the romantic I am, I tend to take Patti and Scott's point of view, but it's hard for me to tell sometimes who that one will be or if I've met him already. It gets really frustrating sometimes, actually a lot of the time.

I've been reading some of the letters I've written throughout the years to this Future Husband. Judging by my handwriting, I believe they started in eighth grade, and I see how my list has become shorter, but more specific and personal throughout the years. And as I've gotten older, I've realized that the guy doesn't have to be perfect and fit every single quality on the list, but he will be meant for me. I hope that I can improve myself to be what he hopes and dreams for, too. Separately, we will not be perfect, but together, we can help each other work towards perfection.


Be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be.
-William Parrish, Meet Joe Black

The only thing that matters to me is finding someone I can be completely open with as well as someone I can be openly, deliriously happy with. Someone with a big heart and kind eyes. Someone who lights up the room with his smile and personality. Someone who makes me better every moment I'm with him and someone who loves God. Someone who honors his Priesthood and someone who values righteousness and virtue. Someone I can smile and laugh with as we spend every day of forever together.


{still in love those pictures, are we not?!}

2 comments:

  1. I love your last paragraph! It's so important to keep your standards high while you're looking for "the one," and it sounds like you're not compromising your standards one iota. It took me a long time, or longer than I wanted, to find my husband. It felt like it was never going to happen and I wondered if I was being too picky. But then, just when it was the right time and the Lord knew I was in fact ready, Graham came into my life. He's everything I wanted and more. I'm so grateful I had faith and stuck with the Lord's time table instead of my own. I learned so many valuable lessons during my single years and they've helped me be a better wife.

    And you're so right - seperately we're not perfect, but we inspire each other to be better. It's one of the best things about a healthy and loving marriage.

    P.S. Weren't Paul Newman and his wife the cutest?? Gotta admire people who can stay together amidst the craziness of Hollywood.

    ~ Angela
    grahamandangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this! I loved the quote from patti's husband. It makes me feel so much better and not so stressed that "i'm not in the right place at the right time" or something! Really, REALLY loved this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger