9.08.2011

Sometimes in life... Part 2

Sometimes in life...


...you have an amazing dad who makes your breakfast and packs you a lunch every morning. He's done this almost every day since 1st grade. I can't even begin to tell him how grateful I am for all he does. He sets the standard high, guys. Thank you!!

...you have to roll down your windows on Beck Street in the wee small hours of the morning as you drive to work and sing a long to "Walk Like A Man", a song from one of my favorite movies--Heart and Souls. No one heard my beautiful "Oooooo weeeeee ooooooo's", but that's probably a good thing.


...you just know that peaches are one of God's gifts to man. I've decided that the fruit on the tree of life probably tastes like peaches. (Sorry if you think that's a little sacreligious...it probably is.)

...the Dirty Dancing soundtrack is primo.

...my friend, Natalie, writes the greatest "Sometimes in life..." statuses on Facebook. She knows how to make everyone laugh and I think that is one of the best talents to have.

...Nie Nie writes great posts like this. Okay, her blog is always amazing. But I loved this post today.

...your grandma gives you some of her beautiful jewelry. Thank you!!

...you have a wonderful MFEO BFF who writes you a three or four sentence email that makes you cry. Thank you!! #tendermercies #igetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

...you take the time to go out and talk to people. When you truly listen to them and truly show concern, you can open doors to find out the most amazing, chill-inducing things about them. This week, I've had it reconfirmed that it's so important to do even the simplest kinds of missionary work, guys, and it's even more important to simply love each other. It's never about the statistics, it is always about genuine love. President Spencer W. Kimball said: “It is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom. … So often, our acts of service consist of simple encouragement or of giving … help with mundane tasks, but what glorious consequences can flow … from small but deliberate deeds!” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball [2006], 82). [from THIS talk...go read it!!]

...you decide you are going to have a good day. So you go out and make it a great day!

Part 1.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, the Dirty Dancing soundtrack is tops! And nie nie's post was great! I've done two of her three bucket list items and honestly a horse ride will probably never be in my future lol. I really like the quote you have from Spencer W Kimball, sometimes helping others seems so overwhelming because there are problems to be solved everywhere, but I like the encouragement to just do little things...that can make a great difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger