9.03.2011

My dear.

My dear,

How have you been? What are the exciting things going on in your life right now? I often imagine that you are on your mission or staying busy with work and school, but I can't quite imagine what you'll look like yet. But I do know you are certainly handsome and charming--on the inside and outside!

A lot has happened in the past few months and I’ll just give you the short version. I finished my second year of college, I continued working at the Church Office Building, I was called to be the RS President of the new Centerville YSA 1st Ward, I turned 20, I bought a white Toyota Camry, and I’m into my third year of college at the U. I love my classes, my work, my ward, and I feel so good about everything in my life right now. The Lord has made up the difference. He has truly taken my life and made it into something so much better than what I ever dreamed it would be like when I was starting college. It’s funny to look back at the person I was in high school and see how much I have grown and learned. I am so much more comfortable being myself now and I know what I want in life. Trivial and silly things don’t matter as much and I'm more focused on the things that bring true happiness. The Gospel is the most important thing to focus on. It is so simple and I know that as long as we let our lights shine and we’re obedient to the principles, we are richly blessed in ways we did not think were possible.

This past month, I read the First Presidency Message in the Ensign and something really struck me as I read it. In one of President Monson’s quotes, it said, “ We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us.”  I never want to let anything get in the way of telling you how much you mean to me and I hope you will always know I love you more than anything. I'm sure there will be times when we'll exchange silly, immature words and we will hurt each other's feelings, but you will always mean so much to me. Through thick and thin, I'm glad I'll have you by my side no matter what. We will get to grow together as we go all of life's experiences-the good and the bad. You are a listening ear and you know exactly how to make my day. You put a smile on my face and you have the most contagious laugh. You bring me true happiness. I promise to never take you for granted; I am so lucky to have you in my life. I also want you to know how grateful I am that the Lord put you in my life when He did; He has always known exactly what I needed and when I need it. You are the brightest spot in my life and I’m so grateful I have forever to get to know you. There are so many little things that you do each day that make me fall more in love with you. You are a truly incredible guy...one of a kind. I will always be so impressed with your strong testimony, your unconditional kindness, your patience, your intelligence, your sense of humor, your love of family, the way you honor the Priesthood, and your decision to serve a mission. I know the Lord loves you and He is so pleased with the things you are accomplishing. Knowing I get to spend eternity with you makes me want to work to be an infinitely better person. I am constantly praying for you and cheering for you! Keep up the good work!

Please never forget how grateful I am for you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Love Love Love,
Catherine

{adapted from something i penned this past week}

2 comments:

  1. Catherine! Don't ask me how I found your blog because I seriously have no idea, but I'm so glad I did! You are such a talented writer. And absolutely gorgeous to boot!
    You are such a good example and your thoughts mean so much to those who have the privilege of reading them. Keep it up-- you're serving in more ways than you could ever imagine.
    Love,
    Kate(Eyre)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger