8.05.2011

In my mind, friendships are eternal.

After my date last night, I relaxed for a while and then I called Holly around midnight to talk to her. I told her about my date and she told me about one she went on last night. Her lifelong best friend and twin brother, Clark, is getting married today (he probably is married as of RIGHT now) and we talked about that. We talked about a final for one of her online classes and how I took that same final and fell asleep during it, but somehow managed to get an A out of the class. But I remember FREAKING out when I realized I had fallen asleep and my time had expired to take the test online. She was the first person I called. At 1 am. Bawling my eyes out to the point where I couldn't breathe. She just listened and told me everything would be okay and it was a complete comfort to talk to her when I was freaking out. Last night when I hung up, I said "Love you" like I always do when I end any phone conversation with family and friends. But I walked out into my family room and sat down to cry for a minute, because I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

It makes me cry all the time... just thinking about Holly and what a great friend she has been to me. Though we have only seen each other maybe three times this summer, we talk or email or text almost every single day. Through thick and thin, we've always been there for each other. I can always rely on her to simply listen, make me laugh, give me sound advice, and quote something excellent from "Father of the Bride" (Part 1 and Part 2). I hope that we can always be there for each other. In my mind, friendships are eternal and I'm glad I have had the opportunity to meet Holly in college. She is a blessing in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! I definitely think people come into our lives at just the right time :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger