5.24.2011

"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness." -Jonathan Safran Foer


{photo via}

"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness." 

Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close -

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how I am around people.

When I first meet someone, I'm always very reserved. No matter who it is. It may be mistaken for being shy. But as you get to know me, I am not at all shy ... sometimes just reserved. It's not that I'm not being myself. I just wait to see if I can put my trust in the person before opening up. Sincerity is a big deal to me. If someone isn't genuine about their passions, concern, friendship, and love, then they aren't for me. 

I hope I always show people sincere love and concern. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to be a little better every day at going out of my way to be a little kinder. I have a lot of weaknesses and I'm finding more everyday, but I'm grateful weakness can be turned in to strength.

I never want to come off as overbearing and obnoxious to anyone. That is a big fear of mine. Along with the fear of getting hurt. But as the quote says, all of the hurts have made me realize how grateful I am for the things that bring me happiness. No matter what's going on in life and how crazy it can get, I know I can always be a little happier and find things to be happy about. 

Isn't that a wonderful fact about life?  


PS: {favorite song} right now

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how amazing you are? Cause really, you are so great. I can't even tell you. and I always love your posts, they're positive and uplifting!

    Callie
    dreamanocean.blogspot.com

    p.s. you are the most genuine and sincere person i know

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger