4.04.2011

My hairy legs and foreign languages.

I get home from work today and my mom says, "Let's go get pedicures, girls."
So I change out of my work attire and realize that I haven't shaved my legs in....well....a long time.
See, it's easy to forget about shaving when you have to wear nylons at work.
I tell Mom and Hope I can't get a pedicure, because my legs are so bad.
They tell me to just come along and get one, they're probably "not that bad". 

Oh but they are "that bad". 

After driving around for a while trying to decide if we'd actually get pedicures, we get to the salon and sit down. At our usual salon, we can understand the people. But this one, I have no clue what they are saying. I sit down at the chair with the man (they give better massages than women...you just have to get over the initial awkwardness) and start to just relax, watch "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" on their flat screen TVs, whatever. 

Then the man motions for me to roll up my jeans further. 

And I could tell as he started to do the salt scrub, etc. 
that the hairiness was grossing him out by the minute. 

He, the man doing Hope's toes and the woman doing the toes of a lady next to me 
all start jabbering in some language, then they start snort laughing.

I felt like I was in a Star Wars movie (likely the fourth or sixth one) and they were making fun of my hairy, hairy legs. I just didn't have the subtitles to know what they were saying.

Then as the man starts to rub off my callusses, he starts humming in a high pitch hum something that sounds like "Your Love Is My Drug" by Ke$ha. Um, what? And I try to not laugh.

He asks me some questions and I just kind of nod my head, then he goes back to snort laughing and talking with his friends. He gave a great leg massage and he did a good job with my feet and toes, but I know my legs were the talk of the town at the nail salon today. 

And not in a good way.

Don't worry... I shaved em tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, having to shave my legs is so annoying! I wish they would jsut stop growing...I mean come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine. My legs are always hairy. I went from October to Christmas eve. my legs were disgusting!!!! I think shaving is over rated in the winter. I am glad you agree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger