3.27.2011

the spring break.

{thanksgiving point, 2005}


Cool
-My boss let me work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so I could have Thursday and Friday off since it was Spring break. I love my boss and I am so grateful for a good job.

-Tuesday night, Kels and I watched Charlie St. Cloud and Runaway Bride while we stalked photography blogs and wedding blogs. We have good times together, laughing and dreaming and talking.

-When I came home from work on Wednesday, I pulled on my Jackson Hole sweatshirt and some jeans. And I just chilled. Pretty sure my future husband will love me, because I am perfectly content/I look forward to nights when I can just sit in the basement, eat pizza, and watch movies like Remember the Titans.

-But I also love dressing up and going out. On Thursday afternoon, my mom and I had lunch at the Mikado and shopped around TJMaxx for a while. We got some more delicious Graeter's ice cream at the store, came home and watched The Pelican Brief (notice my Denzel trend this week). I got ready, put on a cute plaid shirt and my leather jacket, and met Julia at the Gateway. We drank smoothies and talked and walked around stores before going to see The Adjustment Bureau. Matt Damon is my celebrity crush (along with Ryan Reynolds). I enjoyed the movie....it made me think about my own life and consequences that come from choices. Sarah met up with us at the movie and after, we sat in Julia's car for at least an hour chatting about life. I love chats with friends. Julia has been one of my best friends since I began college and I'm thankful for that friendship.

-Friday, it was snowing and I was sick. I worked on some homework, then I ate some soup, curled up, and watched the season finale of Fairly Legal. I didn't really do much the rest of the day. After dinner, Hope and her friend came over after helping at a wedding reception and Thomas wasn't too happy. So, I took him to see Limitless at 10:10 pm. Even though I was sick and tired, I just wanted to see his mood improve. The movie was good and interesting... but there was a little too much gore and unneccessary profanity.

-We took my dad to the airport on Saturday and met the grandparents for dinner, then we came home and I spent the entire night getting ready for my talk in church today on The Book of Mormon. I love the things I learn about myself as I prepare for a talk.

-I also love Cinderella stories like VCU in March Madness...that is the best part of the tournament. I am still winning out of my family brackets, because I picked upsets like Marquette and Butler (love Butler!). However, Duke and NC let me down. Man alive, I will be pretty sad when this is all over.

-General Conference is this upcoming weekend! JaNae's wedding shower is this upcoming weekend! Lots of good things in the works for this week.

Not Cool
-I have to return to work tomorrow.

-Texting. I basically just turned off my phone and put it in my closet the tail end of the week unless I absolutely needed to call or text about something important. This may come off snobbish, but sometimes
I need a real break from everything and people. Quiet time.

-My dad will be gone until Wednesday.

-I took a lot of afternoon naps during the break, so I will have to break that cycle this week. Oops.

-I have two big tests and a paper due on Thursday.


BUT, in almost a month from now, I will be done with Spring Semester!
 Though I'll probably unleash more complaints between now and the end, I can see the light at the end and I really have so much to be grateful for...I am almost done with my second year of college, I have wonderful friends and family to support me, I have a car to drive, a place to sleep, and other luxuries many don't have, and the list goes on. I am thankful for my life and the chance to live it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe i missed the fairly legal finale!
    so disappointing

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW I love you Catherine!!!! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger