3.29.2011

Carl Bloch-The Master's Hand



Remember when I went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU a couple weekends ago with my family?



Well, it was amazing. I had so many wonderful thoughts run through my head and it truly has a special Spirit. I highly recommend it to anyone in Utah or visiting Utah. It ends May 7th and it is free (with the exception of renting an iPad for $3)! 

It is so worth it to go! 

More information {here}

I loved....

Christ and The Young Child (1873)
He invites us all to become as a child


The Daughter of Jarius
I love his portrayal of the story. It focuses on the sorrow and the mother who has stayed by the girl's side taking care of her. To the right, you see Christ walking through the door with a sunrise in the background. In our time of greatest sorrow, He is the Light of the World. He comes to lift us up and make us whole.

Christ Healing the Sick at Bethesda (1883)
Something I thought was interesting was the man in the red cap, waiting by the side of the pool. His eyes are searching and anxious. He is waiting for the cleansing from the worldly pool for his infirmity, but the one who can completely heal us is standing just behind him, waiting for the man to ask him to be healed. How often do we seek worldly help before we seek the greatest healer, Christ?

"God helps me, that is what I think and then I am calm." 
- Carl Bloch-


*I suggest walking through the exhibit without it and then going back to the altar pieces and using the iPad.  The iPad is a good supplement after you look at the pieces, because it has additional talks and insights from BYU Curators and Art Professors. It also points out the significance of the tiniest details and it tells more about Carl Bloch and his life. There is a room filled with portraits, still life, and his other paintings. The details are incredible. He had a gift of portraying the human soul perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger