1.31.2011

lovely dreams and reality checks.


Last night, I had a dream that I was in a little trattoria in Italy with {this guy}.  
And it was great. I felt at home, because I was with him.
We just talked and ate delicious food and held hands across the table.
He laughed at something ridiculous I said, smiled that "movie-star, athlete, president, someone famous" smile and I looked into his rich brown eyes and told him I loved him and he does the same.

I missed that opportunity in {real lifeand 
in my dreams, I always tell him over and over again how much I love him.

But today, I woke up and realized I can't keep dreaming that dream anymore. 

As with everything, if it's going to happen, it will. Timing is everything.

It all works out in the big scheme of things. 
Sometimes it's hard to wait for it all to work out. 
Okay.... it's always hard to wait for it all to work out. 

But I need to remember to be open to love and my opportunities are limitless, 
if I keep doing what's right and don't sweat the small stuff.
And I've had that message hitting me like the waves hitting the shore...constantly.

In a letter I received recently, someone told me, 
"You have to be open. You can't run away from it, but don't constantly search for it."

Even when I saw Country Strong over the weekend, 
there is a part when Gwenyth Paltrow's character, Kelly Canter, says, 

"Don't be afraid to fall in love, it's the only thing that matters in this life. 
Fall in love with as many things as you can in this life."

And I realized something. I'm doing exactly that...whether I'm falling in love with Robert Redford, Robert Downey Jr,  Ryan Reynolds, a beautiful sunny day, sunsets and orchids, spending time with my family, walking my dog, going to school, a new song,  whatever it may be.

 I'm constantly falling in love with things and people in my life. 
Life truly is good, despite the complaining we do and the trials we face. 
I'm glad I will always have the choice to just keep falling deeper and deeper in love with everything, especially everything about { him }.


[ photo via ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger