2.06.2011

ALWAYS more good things than bad.


{Old Fredericksburg, Virginia}

COOL
-Watching "One Fine Day" with George Clooney & Michelle Pfeiffer
-Dick's Bakery Mint Brownies
-Looking at engagement rings and designing engagement rings with Kacee & Allie.
-Just Dance 2 workouts
-Sleeping
-Michael BublĂ©. Everything he sings. 
-Boutiques. Hope and I went shopping yesterday at our favorite boutique in Farmington for our mom's birthday this week. Mom's gonna love the present and I got a new pearl necklace while I was there...success.
-Relief Society. What an inspired organization! Our ward recently reorganized the Relief Society and our new president gave the lesson today. It truly was just what I needed to hear. She is amazing! 
-Today was my Grandpa's 71st birthday [read about last year's here]. He and my grandma came to church, Grandpa and my mom bore their testimonies (testimony meeting was just good all around), and Thomas received the Aaronic Priesthood. We celebrated birthdays after church, we watched the Superbowl (way to go, Packers!), we ate taco soup and cake and ice cream, and my grandparents gave Thomas a U of U quilt that they both made for him. They've been working for weeks to tie it, bind it, and get it all ready for him. It is huge and the project took up their entire living room. It was such a labor of love and so special. A lot of happy tears were shed today over many things.
-Family gatherings and birthdays; we have lots this month.
-Tender mercies are all around us. So many blessings and things to be thankful for.

NOT COOL
-Indescribable, crushing feelings. 
-Asking, "WHY?" too much.
-Crying. A lot. 
- I have multiple quizzes, two big papers and two big tests this week. Soo...yeah. This is the season for everyone. Midterms and for a lot of us, these are probably the first tests of the semester in our classes. The first tests of the semester make me so nervous, because you don't know what to expect. It's not fun. Good luck, fellow college students :)

Though I had struggles and breakdowns this weekend, there are ALWAYS more good things than bad. Always. This list above proves it. 

When I feel as though I have hit the lowest of lows, I try to fill my brain with good quotes, literature, etc. to combat all the feelings that may try to creep in. This quote was in our Relief Society weekly email today.

Believe in yourselves.  Believe in your capacity to do some good in this world.  God sent us here for a purpose and that was to improve the world in which we live.  The wonderful thing is that we can do it.”   - President Gordon B. Hinckley

We can do it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. The dreaded first tests. I had mine last week. Good luck! You will do amazing! And thank you for sharing that quote from President Hinckley! I was kind of having a freak-out moment about this coming week, and that was exactly what I needed to calm me down. You are wonderful and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and will def be following! And, can I just say, that One Fine Day is seriously one of the best movies EVER??! Love. Also, I've never heard that GBH quote before. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger