1.18.2011

Letters II

Dear Readers,
Since you last saw me, I washed the zebra snuggie (easily one of the best investments of my life), changed my schedule, and had a nice long weekend. I took my dad to the airport on Saturday for work and picked him up tonight, I took my family to the Auto Expo yesterday on my day off and it was really cool, I had a good meal at The Cheesecake Factory, and I couldn't stay awake during Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps both times we watched it, despite my best efforts.
Love Love Love,
Catherine



Dear Brimhall Family,
I think you are just about the coolest and I have loved spending time at your house in the past week. Thank you so much for making me feel welcome when I am there and always being so kind to me.
Love,
Catherine

Dear Male Asian Pink-Jacket, Big-Headphones Cyclist,
I'm glad we're both still alive after you pulled out in front of me today and took up the entire lane. I don't think you were really aware of your surroundings, but that's okay. It happens to all of us. Let's all be a little bit more careful.
Respectfully,
Catherine

Dear Sandra Bullock, 
I am watching Miss Congeniality and you are definitely one of my favorite actresses. If I could be half as beautiful and funny as you are, I would maybe have a shot with Ryan Reynolds too. He's a keeper so hold onto him. If anyone has to have him, I'm rooting for you, because let me be honest, I've never liked Scarlett.
Sincerely, 
Catherine

Dear Lagoon,
I don't know how you hire people to guess weight and age, but those people have a skill I do not possess. And I sometimes struggle with guessing people's genders. So for future reference, I would not be a good employee for that job at your amusement park.
Thank you,
Catherine

Dear Wilson,
I'm glad we found your red doggie coat still velcro-ed together in the yard. How did you get out of it? You must be a Houdini dog. Thanks for being my cute Wils dog and still coming to me when I call you whatever name comes to mind (most recently: Doc, Wilderamma, Wildo, Rawildo, Raweirdo, Dogness, Wilsiano and many more).
Love,
Catherine





Dear Fellow Car Dancers and Singers,
I hope I'm just as entertaining to you as you are to me.
Your friend,
Catherine

Dear Just Dance 2,
There are 4 types of dancers: those who are good dancers and flaunt it, those who are just good dancers when they want to be, those who can't dance and don't, and those who can't dance, but don't care and still dance their little hearts out. I'm the latter. And I'm glad you are giving me a good workout and maybe even changing the type of dancer I am! You are one of my favorite Christmas gifts ever.
Thanks,
Catherine

Dear Salt Lake City,
I can't decide when I love you the best: the rainy Spring mornings, summer nights, warm fall afternoons, or winter evenings with snow lightly falling. In any season, you are beautiful minus times when the inversion is so thick you can taste it.
Sincerely,
Catherine


Dear Work, 
I don't wanna come in tomorrow, because it's nice to have days off, I don't like walking from the parking garage to the building in the frigid cold, and I can barely keep my eyes open for the first two hours. But I feel like a workaholic, because I can't leave unless I beat the amount of work I did the previous day. And I am so grateful for a good job, so I guess I'll come in. Yeah,  I will.
From, 
Catherine



Dear Lambda Delta Sigma Psi Sorority, 
I can't believe I've been a member of you for a year. I have really changed from the person I was last year to now and I have met a lot of really cool people who have been part of changing me (in a good way). I'm grateful for all the good times I have had in Psi with some of my best friends and I hope this semester brings more good times.
Love, 
Catherine




Dear University of Utah,
I still really like you, a lot a lot a lot. And I've long since figured out WebCT.  I am starting to get a hang of this new schedule and my classes from 9 am to 4:30 in the afternoon with 15 minute breaks in between are actually great and it's not hard when I'm having fun (Natural Disasters, Professional Writing, Family Studies, Survey of Jazz, and then of course an institute class). The only thing that I'm disappointed with is that I wasn't able to take classes for my major this semester, because the ones I needed are only taught in the fall. But I still love you. I'm glad you are going to be part of the Pac 12. I'm glad your colors are red, black, and white. I'm glad you have a huge campus to whip my toosh into shape. I'm glad you have a good mix of classes and professors to keep me on my toes and learning.
Sincerely,
Catherine

Dear Spring Break,
As much as I love school, please come sooner, because I need some California sun. Sigh...
Dreaming of you, 
Catherine

[Carmel Beach, California]


{Revisit last year's "Letters" post here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger