12.28.2010

Working girl.

In twenty minutes, I'll get in my little old Corolla, hop onto I-15 and drive 20 minutes to work, take 10 minutes to find a parking spot and take 5 minutes to walk into work.

I love my job and I am grateful to have a job as good as mine, but I haven't really been excited to go in for the past few weeks. I've worked more hours and I'm constantly cold at work. The heat seems to never be on. That's a problem.

It's weird going from years of not having a care in the world during the break to waking up on Christmas morning, not remembering it was Christmas morning, and panicking because I thought I was late for work and I needed to hurry as fast as I could to get there. But it was actually just time for presents and relaxing.

That made me really sad.

I'll have a few days off at the end of the week and we get next Monday off for New Year's (weird huh?), but it's been a different kind of winter break for me. I guess that's part of growing up.

PS: My dad and brother decided to rip out BOTH of our upstairs bathrooms yesterday and do kind of a 24 hour makeover thing. Unless they do TONS of work in the next two hours, they won't make their deadline. At least we still have one working bathroom. But seeing the paint and slate tile and cabinet and counter-tops makes me really excited. Remodeling is fun and I have an awesome dad and brother who know how to do a lot of things around the house and fix almost everything. They're great.

Also, read Julia's blog...I love her most recent post.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had to work on Christmas. But hopefully you'll get some good down time over the New Years. Good luck with those bathrooms! ;)

    -CK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger