12.20.2010

Nineteen and a half.

This year, I would be content to just receive socks and/or nylons, stationary, lotion, and mouthwash for Christmas. Those are my ideas of great gifts.


There is nothing like a written letter or card. There is something extra special about words actually penned by someone. 

But I've already told you that before. 


Christmas cards, receiving and sending. 

Talking in a tent with four of my best friends, tim tams, and tocolate*. 

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning to get to work and then work and work and work. 

Worrying about getting my Christmas shopping done for my family. Any good last minute ideas?

Thinking about all of my favorite Christmas movies I have yet to watch all the way through without falling asleep: Elf, Christmas in Connecticut (1947), White Christmas, The Polar Express, The Santa Clause, and the list keeps going.

And trying {keyword: trying, but not really close} to live up to the Katherine Heigl bridesmaid image for tomorrow.



I fell asleep during one of my finals last week and didn't finish the last three questions, but somehow I received an A in the class.

That is a DEFINITE Christmas miracle.
And that's what life should be: finding the Christmas miracles in your life, everyday.

And do not let life pass you by, because it seems like just yesterday it was my birthday and today I am nineteen and a half. So much has happened in the past six months. It is incredible how much can happen in such a short amount of time. There are times when I feel very young and inexperienced, but then there are times when I feel old and experienced. Young and Inexperienced > Old and Experienced.

*tocolate=chocolate in a retainer voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger