11.21.2010

There's something wonderful...

There's something wonderful about giving thanks. It does a soul some good to show appreciation and gratitude for all we've been blessed with. I think it's no coincidence that Thanksgiving falls at this most wonderful time of year. I think it gives us a chance to think of all the things we have been blessed with and Christmas is the chance to go forward and bless the lives of others with meaningful gifts and compassion. I wish this feelings at this time of year were present in all of us the entire year.


There's something wonderful about walking down the street with snow quietly falling. There's a quiet and a peace found when snow is falling in my quiet neighborhood at night time with an almost pinkish glow in the sky from the city lights. This can't be found any other time and it's a heavenly experience in my opinion.

There's something wonderful about bridal showers. Seeing a friend who has a life of new possibilities ahead of her and seeing all of your friends who are near and dear to your heart come together to celebrate this friend.

There's something wonderful about following the promptings of the Spirit. I was the recipient of a little kindness this week and I'm sure the Spirit had a lot to do with it. It made me resolve to be better at following the Spirit and finding ways to help those around me.

There's something wonderful about Sundays. Besides catching up on beauty sleep, I love the renewal of  faith and the spiritual feast found each Sunday. The rejuvenation that is so needed after the weathering and brutal weeks that test our faith.

There's something wonderful about the faith of others. I am blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who buoy me up with their testimonies and faith. I hope I can be the same kind of strength to them. I just can't even begin to express how much I am in awe of the unceasing faith that I witness in my friends, their families, and my family.

And there's something wonderful about good quotes from inspired men and women, like this one:


"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness."-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I hope we can all find the wonderful things in our lives and 
find ways to express our gratitude this week and always. 

{photo via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger