11.26.2010

For the beauty of the Earth.

Yesterday, our house was bustling all day to clean and prepare everything for our families. 
As cold as it was yesterday, the sun was shining and its setting was so beautiful. 
Our house was warm from the fire and the love of everyone in it. 
My favorite part of Thanksgiving: Before we eat, we go around the table and each of us express our thanks for what we have been given this year.


My job, the opportunity to get a college education, my family and all they have taught me, my friends and their examples to me, the beauty of this Earth and where I live, the Gospel, a nice house to live in, a car to drive, the freedoms we enjoy in this country and the list could continue. 


This is the most wonderful time of the year and I'm grateful to be alive and able to enjoy the special feelings at this time of year.


One of my favorite hymns:


For the beauty of the earth, 
For the glory of the skies, 
For the love from which our birth, 
Over and around us lies; 
Lord of all, to Thee we raise 
This our hymn of grateful praise. 

For the wonder of each hour 
Of the day and of the night, 
Hill and vale, and tree and flow'r, 
Sun and moon, and stars of light; 
Lord of all, to Thee we raise 
This our hymn of grateful praise. 

For the joy of human love, 
Brother, sister, parent, child, 
Friends on earth and friends above, 
For all gentle thoughts and mild; 
Lord of all, to Thee we raise 
This our hymn of grateful praise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger