10.05.2010

General Conference.

General Conference was so renewing and wonderful! 

I loved every minute of it. I was especially grateful for the chance I had to go with some of my best friends to the Saturday Afternoon Session, and to be able to be so close to living prophets and apostles! 

What were your favorite talks

I'm listening to them all again at work, because I can't really pick! 

So many good words and messages spoken. 
I noticed a recurring theme of unwavering faith, 
God's love for all of His children, 
and remembering the simple things.

And today, my Institute teacher gave us all a great reminder:

"Sometimes there are those who feel their earthly knowledge on a certain subject is superior to the heavenly knowledge which God gives to His prophet on the same subject. They feel the prophet must have the same earthly credentials or training which they have had before they will accept anything the prophet has to say that might contradict their earthly schooling. How much earthly schooling did Joseph Smith have? Yet he gave revelations on all kinds of subjects. We haven't yet had a prophet who earned a doctorate in any subject, but as someone said, "A prophet may not have his Ph.D. but he certainly has his LDS." We encourage earthly knowledge in many areas, but remember, if there is ever a conflict between earthly knowledge and the words of the prophet, you stand with the prophet, and you'll be blessed and time will vindicate you." 

-President Ezra Taft Benson, Fourteen Fundamentals in Following The Prophet , (26 February 1980) 


This talk and the fourteen fundamentals were referenced to at least twice in General Conference and it was good to read it in more depth. 

Simply put, I have a very strong testimony of President Monson and the truth which he speaks as well as the other prophets and apostles. 
The Church is TRUE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I LOVED this quote! So true! I don't see how people of our faith can shoot down something that a PROPHET, the mouthpiece of God, said. By doing so they are basically telling God to His face that they know better than He does. It doesn't make any sense to me! But anywho, I loved this post Catherine! Can't wait to hang out this weekend!! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger