9.16.2010

Driving 101

With all of the driving I do, here are some of my observations about driving. Listen and learn (read and learn?). I have never gotten a ticket and intend to keep it that way. Knock on wood.


People with fifty zillion bumper stickers on their car seem shifty to me. I generally switch lanes and get away from cars like that. My dad always tells me/jokes with me and says "Never date a guy that has a car with lots of bumper stickers." Duh, of course.

But some bumper stickers can be hilarious. Read these gems I found with Rosie and Natalie hur. Just be selective, not stupid about what you put on your car.


Sometimes, when I am approaching a big rig on the freeway (or any large motor vehicle for that matter)...I drive in between two lanes for a cushion of protection. Big trucks are scary...and huge.



Stop using your iPod hookup for a while (at least two weeks) and enjoy the radio. It will surprise you how many songs are played on it that you actually love or remember from way back when (i.e. Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, No Doubt, Kelly Clarkson, you know the goodz).

People with their entire beanie baby collection in the back window of their car make me feel really nervous/uncomfortable. Stuffed animals attached outside of the car make my skin crawl.



The secret for avoiding hearing the same song over and over again?
Turn the station. Mind blowing, right?
And if that doesn't work, go to the spanish music station. Works every time.

Keep your distance between you and the next car. It may be fun to tailgate people, but accidents DO happen in the blink of an eye.

The only thing I really despise about the radio: those Low Book Sales commercials on the radio. I start singing along to the song and realize the radio has got the lyrics all wrong. I hate it when that happens.



Please do not get license plate holders that say: "My other car is (some ridiculously expensive form of transportation)." Especially when you are driving a light green Pontiac Grand Am. You just make yourself look like a truly ridiculous goof and your car looks even lamer.



PLEASE DO NOT decorate the entire backside of your truck with 50 of the same stickers from your favorite college, especially when you already have custom plates with that college on them, a license plate holder with some witty saying about your alma mater,  and your car is the color of your favorite college (in this case, blue). I don't care what college you adore, just keep your love to the minimum...(custom plates, a plate holder and/or ONE sticker).


You can get a lot done at stop lights. Why try to put your makeup on while driving when you can wait at a stoplight for five minutes and paint your fingernails, do your hair, and fix your makeup? I've done it before. Stop lights are a beautiful thing, so don't need to be a hazard to everyone else.



Sometimes, take the scenic route or try something different from the normal. It is funny to see what you find along a different route and even greater when it takes you less time along the new route to get to your destination.



But that's not the point of the scenic route.  Slow down, take time to enjoy and look around you
...but don't get killed doing it.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I love this. You are so cute, Catherine! & YES! Next time we see MB, we'll sit together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger