9.14.2010

"All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."-Charles Schulz


My grandparents serve a mission two days a week at the same place I work. During the summer, we had the same schedule, so we would park by each other in the parking garage, then walk to and from the workplace. Some days, we had lunch and it was very fun to see them every Monday and Tuesday. 

Since school started, I am on a different schedule and do not see them anymore. But today, I found a parking spot right near their car. I pulled out a notebook from my backpack and wrote a simple, "Love you! Have a good day!" and slipped it under their windshield wipers.

I trudged over to work and needless to say, it was a very blah day. I love work, but sometimes, it is very hard for me to be there, especially in the afternoon shift and when I am thinking about all of my school work and sorority things that I need to accomplish. Today, I just sat and thought for the time I was at work that I couldn't keep up my schedule and that I was failing in so many things... contrary to the absolute high I was on yesterday and I had forgotten all the great little things that had happened to me. I trudged back to my car in the gloomy weather and found this note from my grandpa.


I had a huge grin on my face after reading that sweet note. Who wouldn't be smiling?

On the way home, I heard "Haven't Met You Yet" on the radio and thought of seeing Michael Buble perform, which made me think of my great friend, Stephanie. I love her blog and she has always been so kind to me. I really enjoyed that night and catching up with her after the concert. Next time, let's sit by each other... okay, Steph? :)



Did I tell you I am living at home and not in the city again? I'm not sure if I did. I'll get to that another day. But my parents and siblings are the greatest. They always a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a hug to share. Plus, I get a great ab workout from all the laughing we do. 



But, anyway, when I came in after a long day, I saw a letter from one of my very best friends in Logan, Allie. It made me cry. It was the sweetest thing to read and I needed to hear everything she had to tell me in the letter. 



So with all the fan letters today, a great dinner, and a little Rocky Road ice cream (love and chocolate), I am remembering the good things and on my way to study for my Phonetics test tomorrow. 



But let me leave a little fan letter for all of my family, friends, and whoever else may be reading this:


Dear Friends and Family, 

I don't know what I'd do without you and the love you are constantly showing me-no matter how obnoxious, goofy, grumpy, and clumsy I can be in life. You are the people who keep me going and the ones I always want to have in my life. Thank you-times a bajillion.
Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger