6.10.2010

I could be in love with a Super Target Manager.

Let me be honest. 

Out of the four supermarkets in my city
--Dick's, Fresh Market, Wal-Mart, and Target--
I would pick Target to shop at every time. 

I love Target. 


"Why?" you may ask. 

Well, let me tell you. 

I love that you can find practically everything there at a pretty good price.
I love that it is usually very organized and clean.
I love the look of the displays and the advertisements.
I love the brands they carry and their great quality products.

But, if you want me to be even more honest...

I could be in love with a Super Target manager.

Last summer, he started working there.
The first time he said hello and asked me, "Can I help you with anything?"
Early to mid twenties, dark blonde, tall, pretty eyes, muscular build.
I just stared at him, looking like a complete fool.
Then after returning to reality (Earth to Catherine),
I finally said, "No, but thank you though!"
He just laughed and smiled at me, then said, "I hope you have a good day, Miss!"
As he walked away, I *inconspicuously* looked at his ring finger.

Single.
Perfect. 

Ever since that little "first meeting", he somehow found me every time I came in the store alone and asked me if I needed any help. I usually tried to think of something to have him help me find...even though I know that store better than the back of my own hand. He was always so nice, charming, and funny while walking with me to help me find what I "needed".

Soon, going to Target to just browse through everything from clothing to the frozen foods section became one of my favorite things to do last summer...even if the manager wasn't around to ask me if I needed his help. But, as school approached and I was going to move out, this "summer romance" ended.

During the school year, I would go to Target for grocery shopping when I would come home on weekends. Though I had moved on, my heart would sink a little because the man of my dreams in khakis and a red polo wasn't there to help me.

But when I moved home in May, I was at Target before going to a party downtown at the Institute. I was quickly getting a new iPod adapter for my car when someone asked me if I needed help. I looked up and it was like someone put a soft focus around the dreamy Target manager. He was even cuter than I remembered, definitely met my height requirement, and we were wearing almost the exact same glasses ("It's like a little clue!" Name that movie.).
Still single.
Perfect.

I told him that I didn't need any help and thanked him.
Then he said, with a wink and a smile, "Well if you ever need help with anything, let me know."
I almost blurted out, "Wait! You can tell me if you are dating anyone!"
But we all know I could never be that bold.
However, I left the store with a big smile on my face that night and every time I shop at Target.

If you are reading this, Super Target Manager, please don't be creeped out. I just want you to know that I think we are meant to be. You will never have to ask me if I need help again if you would just ask me to be your wife. What do you think? I would appreciate it if you would just let me know the next time I come in. 

Thank you for your help.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You crack me up:) Target is the best. I refuse to shop at Wal-mart. Blech. I haven't seen this hottie manager though...I'll have to pay more attention to the workers and less attention to the shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger