5.25.2010

You've Got Mail. Very Powerful Words.

On Friday morning, my dog, Wilson, and I walked out to the mailbox. As part of this daily routine, he trots across the driveway with me, then proceeds to sniff around the mailbox while I navigate the sometimes puddles and water in the gutter. I then get the mail out of our brick mailbox and sort through it. After Wilson sniffs around a bit more, we trot back in to the house. So on last Friday morning, I started to sort through the mail and found one letter addressed to me. Not an unusual thing. However, this particular letter made me do a happy dance that completely startled my dog, who then joined in my excitement by howling and wagging his tail relentlessly. We ran back into the house, then I took a deep breath and sat down on my couch.

I almost couldn't believe it when I looked at the envelope again and saw where it had come from and who it was from.

I opened it with hands trembling from excitement.

I read it and tears streamed from my eyes at the incredible growth, the funny lines, and the loving words.

I had a rush of old feelings come back to me and hit me like a ton of bricks.

As I've said before, I love receiving mail. There is nothing better than good old fashioned snail mail, in my opinion. But it's amazing how one letter from a friend in the mission field can absolutely brighten your day, weekend, and probably into the next week.

2 comments:

  1. snail mail is the BEST! with the internet world today, it really shows that someone took the time to write you. a real effort that isn't so easy and quick as an email.
    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snail mail too! We should become pen pals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger