3.09.2010

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain!” -Unknown


I came out of lab this afternoon to the pouring rain.
Everyone coming out of the biology building hurried and put their hoods on, 
then scattered to their various destinations. 
I smiled, waited until it appeared everyone had left, and put in my iTouch. 
I ran out the doors and started to dance my way from the biology building to the shuttle stop... 

♪♫ Well, shake it up, baby, now, (Shake it up, baby!)
Twist and shout. (Twist and shout!)
Cmon cmon, cmon, cmon, baby, now, (Come on baby!)
Come on and work it on out. (Work it on out!) ♫♪


The words completely encouraged my behavior.
I'm sure I looked like a fool to anyone that did see me, but I could care less.
Right then, lower campus was my dance floor and no one else existed.
The shuttle arrived just as I lithely jumped down 
the stairs in front of the Park Building.
The weird looks were shot my way from the people getting on the shuttle, 
but of course I didn't care.
I felt jittery the entire ride and The Beatles still blared in my ears.
When I finally reached the stop by the dorms, I rushed off the shuttle 
with my signature jump off the last step.
The rain dance began again....

♪♫ And when I touch you I feel happy inside. 
It's such a feeling that, my love, I can't hide!
 I can't hide! I can't hide! 
Yeah, you! You got that something. 
I think you'll understand that...
When I feel that something, I wanna hold your hand! 
I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold your hand! ♫♪

I haven't stopped smiling since I arrived at my apartment, 
soaked and loudly singing Beatles songs.
Those wonderful little things that transform your mood instantly, 
the crazy moments, the music and dancing, the laughter, the smiles...
those are some of the things that make life worth it.




1 comment:

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger