2.18.2010

Sometimes, little things...

...like satisfying an intense food craving and watching a good old movie are needed. 

Because...sometimes, you just need to unwind and relax so you can refocus.

There's something incredibly crazy about cravings....
I don't really crave sweets any more, but weird and random things. 
I had the most intense cravings yesterday for...

Lemons
Chocolate chip banana bread
My mom's chicken noodle soup
A Keva Kahuna from Keva Juice
and Chips and salsa...

All at the same time.

These cravings were so intense all through my classes.
My tastebuds were tingling and my mouth was salivating more than usual.
(But maybe that's because I'm a drooler, right, JaNae?)
 So when I got back to my dorm room, I couldn't handle it anymore. 

I hopped into my car, 
plugged in the iTouch,
turned up the tunes, 
♫♬♫ Well well well you (ooh ooh ooh ooh) oh yeah you make my dreams come true
(ooh oooh ooh ooh)  ♫♬♫
and headed to the nearest grocery store. 

I almost jogged into the store and headed straight to the tortilla chips. Then I hurried over to what Dan's Grocery Store likes to call the "International Foods Aisle" and I found my salsa.
(Herdez Salsa Caesara Medium. I was going to go for the hot one, but decided medium would be just fine.)

I paid and walked out of the store on cloud nine. 
I got to my car and opened the chips and started eating.
Got back to my dorm and kept eating.

Watched "Barefoot in the Park" on Youtube...
Mmmm, Robert Redford...


And then....I got back to the real world of focusing on homework.

But it was such a nice break and I no longer craved anything.
Well, at least for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. hi there,

    i saw that you were on of my followers on my blog!
    i just wanted to drop by and say hi.

    so.. hi! :)

    you are so adorable!
    and i, too, love chips and salsa.
    in fact, your picture has made me craving it BIG time.

    hm... i think i might have to make a stop at the grocery store on my way back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger