2.05.2010

"It's just better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants." -Matt Damon

Last night at my LDS sorority activity, we had a dating panel. It was so fun and funny to hear what the guys had to say about dating and girls. One really cool thing that stood out to me was the fact that guys want girls to be comfortable in their own skin and just be themselves. I loved hearing that from these guys. This has been on my mind a lot lately and though I know I am a daughter of God and I know who I am, every once in a while it's hard to remember and always be comfortable about just being yourself around those around you. So... I will work harder to remember in those small moments to be myself and I hope YOU always remember how absolutely incredible you are and don't be afraid to be yourself!

I Am- strong yet sensitive, fun yet complicated, silly yet smart. I am hopeful, open-minded, and happy. I am so incredibly blessed. I am a daughter, sister, granddaughter, cousin, and friend.

I Have- to remind myself to thank God for everything he has given me every single day I wake up. I have addictions to trying to find the good in every situation, laughter, being kind, and always dreaming.

I Wish-I could eat as much ice cream as I wanted without gaining weight or getting bad skin. It would be fabulous.

I Want- to live my life so that my Heavenly Father will be pleased with me.

I Fear-saying an unkind word to someone else. I never want to offend or hurt someone, whether intentionally or not. I also am afraid of walking by myself at night...I always get so paranoid.

I Hear-the song "1901" by Phoenix and my stomach gurgling (it is so loud sometimes, like now).

I Search- for happiness and for the good in everyone.

I Wonder- what directions my life will be going and what I will be doing the next few years.

I Regret- nothing. I know that everything DOES happen for a reason and I can only improve upon my mistakes.

I Love- so many things in life. This life is so incredible! Audrey Hepburn, old movies, letters, sunsets, orchids, Institute, peaches, meeting new people, random acts of kindness, laughter (both the action of it and the sound of it... it's the BEST!), going to the University of Utah, dark chocolate, exercising (weird, right?), photography, and music to just name a few things. But the things I love the most out of everything in the world is my family, friends and being able to have the knowledge and testimony of the one and only, wonderful, and true Gospel. I would be lost without these things, the anchors in my life.

I Always-read my scriptures and say my prayers. It's an essential and something I need everyday.

I Usually-laugh at things that I shouldn't laugh at or at times when I shouldn't be laughing. I just love to laugh.

I Am Not-one to tell everyone about everything in my life. I am a very private person and selective about what I tell people until I feel I can open up more to them (like how I open up and share everything on this blog).

I Dance-Anytime, Anywhere! It's my way of celebrating life, no matter how corny or awfully choreographed each dance is :)

I Sing-all the time. In the shower. At church. While talking on the phone and people in person (this is only when I'm talking about a song or if a song's lyrics fit perfectly with what we are talking about). While I am walking to class (Yes, I found myself quitely singing along with my iPod the other day...people probably thought I was crazy).  But I especially love to sing as loudly as I can in the car.

I Rarely-miss Facebook (except when I wish I could send my friends a message and see how they are doing).

I Never- can thank my parents, siblings and family (in general) enough for the wonderful home they raised me in, the examples they have set for me, and the wonderful support system they provided and continue to provide me with. I am one lucky girl.

I Cry- a lot. A good book, a great film, a birthday card, I weep. I am a major weeper. (Name the movie! I also quote movies a lot.)

I Am Not Always- able to open things by myself, especially jars and my mailbox.

I Need-to be getting ready for the sorority retreat tonight...AND just beeeee myself!

3 comments:

  1. Catherine! I love ya girly! Tonight was way fun! We have so much in common it's ridiculous! haha. Let's play again soon! Maybe go to the fireside on Sunday? Let me know :]

    PS. OBAMA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am a major weeper" is from the Holiday, said by Graham (aka JUDE LAW, oh my goodness he is beautiful, haha) when they are on their "first date" trying to get to know each other. LOVE IT! And I love this post!! Seriously, you write so beautifully! You truly inspire me, Catherine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaww . . . beautiful blog ^_^ ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger