2.08.2010

"I just hate health food." -Julia Child

Well said, Julia. Well said.

Don't get me wrong, I really do try to eat healthy. I have really cut back and limited my sweets, fats, and dairy intake. 

Oh how I miss ice cream! 

Those delicious 100 Calorie Packs and all things Special K are becoming really dangerous to me.
Keyword I need to remember: MODERATION.  

However, not all health food is very satisfying.
Or just diets in general.

And starting tomorrow, I will be doing a two-day diet analysis for my nutrition class. 
Here is the description of the diet I chose to do. 

"Low fat diet: To follow this diet you should avoid fat as much as possible. The goal is to keep your fat intake to less than 10% of your total calorie intake. Avoid fried foods, butter, margarine, any type of oil, any dairy (unless it is fat-free like skim milk or fat free cheese & yogurt), mayonnaise, sweets (typically high fat), avocados, nuts, snack foods (chips, etc.). You can eat as many fruits and vegetables as you want, meat and chicken should be very lean cuts (round and loin cuts are typically leanest).  Avoid fatty cuts like hamburger, as well as chicken skin. Seafood is OK as long as it is prepared in a low fat method."

So, what can I eat? I'm still figuring that out and will be going to the store tonight to stock up on a few things that I can eat, because I'm pretty sure this diet rules out everything at the Heritage Center cafeteria and the Union. It'll be good to try this diet out and see what it's like, but I sure am glad Rosie decided to help me and do this assignment with me. I'm thinking it won't be too bad, but being a poor college student makes it just a smidge more difficult.

So...


WISH ME LUCK!


Also, do not talk to this girl while you are grocery shopping. I made this mistake last Friday morning. It's dangerous...$54 worth of nothing-you-intended-to-buy dangerous. AND every customer in the store hates you by the end of the experience due to the amount of laughter and lack of cart-driving ability while talking to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger