1.31.2010

"There aren't enough days in the weekend." -Rod Schmidt

Can I just tell you how much I adore weekends?
I really do. 

With no class on Friday, the weekend can start a little earlier for me. So after I went to an anatomy review session early in the morning and some job searching and interviews at the hospitals, I drove home and decided that I wanted to do something fun. As soon as Hope got home from school, we drove as fast and as safely as we could to the next showing of "When In Rome" at the theaters in Layton. Though it received terrible reviews, I liked it much better than "Leap Year". Hope and I were probably the only ones laughing (and probably laughing too hard), but I thought it was really fun.

When we came out of the theater, we started to walk to the car slowly and then stopped. We both turned and at the same time said, 

"Do you want to see another one?" 
"Yes!" 

We both commented on how exciting it would be to see another movie since we had never seen two movies in a row at the theaters! (It really was exciting.) So we looked at the other movies and decided that we would see "The Young Victoria", because one of my best friends, Allie, recommended it to me and said I would love it. So in the twenty minutes before the next showing of the movie, Hope and I went to the car, took some pictures, bought the tickets, popcorn, and frozen Junior Mints (my favorite), took some more pictures, and saw another movie. The Young Victoria was absolutely fabulous. Everything was so beautiful and I loved the story. I was astounded that Queen Victoria became Queen when she was MY AGE. She was a strong woman and though she made mistakes, she accepted those mistakes and grew from them with the help of her extremely supportive and loving husband. It really made me want to have someone like him in my life eventually, I need all the help I can get!

But enough of the movie reviews, the main point is that I had so much fun with my Hopie sister!


It was so nice to talk to her and laugh with her about everything. She is one of the most incredible people I know and the best sister anyone could ever have. She is so wise and grown-up for her age. She truly is 13...going on 30. I sometimes think that she's the big sister (after all, she literally is taller than me)! I had such a fun day and night with her on Friday.

I love her with all of my heart!

The rest of the weekend was just spent doing homework, hanging out at my house, and going to my home ward. I've had calls all week from people in my University singles ward asking why I hadn't come to church and if I had moved. No, I just have been going home and being with my family on the weekends. And it has been so wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah leap year was a little disappointing, but entertaining. I want to see when in Rome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... I love you too Catherine. One thing you said that I don't agree with though. I am definitely not wise and will probably never be. :) You're the best!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger