1.25.2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things!

A few weekends ago, I babysat two days in a row for my most favorite family ever.

The Mitchells.

One night, it was The Mitchells (Megan, Beth, Michael) + Their Cousins (Jarem & Kai, Ella & Andrew) = I have never laughed so hard babysitting.

"Is your hair a different color?" -Kai
"No." -Me
"It was red last time you were here!" -Kai
"No...it's always been brown." -Me
"YEAH Kai. Geez, it's always been brown. She looks like Andrew's mom." -Beth
"You kinfa ook ike my mommy!!"-Ella


I had no interest in watching G-Force, so I started playing with trucks with the younger kids and didn't really pay attention to the movie.

"Cafrine, why are you playing with the trucks? Are you a boy?" -Michael
"She's a girl, Michael. She has long hair and has pink on her sweater." -Jarem
"Oh, okay." -Michael


"Isn't that animal supposed to be a good guy?" -Me
"NO! He's been a bad guy for the whole movie!!!" -All of the kids


"When I grow up, I want to be a G-FORCE!" -Andrew

Beth is part of the Chinese Immersion program at the Elementary School by our neighborhood.

"How do you like Chinese Immersion, Beth?" -Me
"It. Is. SO. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! And I get to eat lunch...at school." -Beth, yelling
"Well, aren't you cool? I'm glad you like it!"
"Can I show you the Kung Fu I learned?"
"Sure...?" I said hesitantly
"Does that mean yes?"
"Yes, it means yes. You learned Kung Fu in your kindergarten class?"
"Of course! Didn't you?"
"Nope..."

(The quote running through my mind..."I don't even want to think about what they're not teaching you in school" -Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle. However, in this case, I don't even want to think about what they ARE teaching these kids in school!)

"Michael isn't potty trained yet* and at the rate he's going, he'll be wearing diapers in Kindergarten. Wouldn't that be SO embarrassing?" -Beth
*Michael is three and in the past few weeks, I've been informed he has started his potty training, WOOT!

"I WOOF YOU, CAFRINE!!!!" -Michael
"What he meant was, 'I love you, Catherine.' You aren't a dog, Michael." -Matter-of-Fact Beth


A conversation between Megan and I...

"Can you drown in snot?" -Megan
"No." -Me
"Can your throat turn into snot?"
"No."
"Can you die from snot?"
"No."
"Can you choke from snot?"
"No."
"Hmmm, okay....but....
I'M DYING FROM DROWNING IN SNOT AND CHOKING IN SNOT!!!"


"Everything looks better with 3D glasses on!" -Megan
(Is that how the saying goes? Now it is. I think that everything is better from a kids perspective and everything is so funny when you listen to kids).

These quotes are just a few of so many hilarious and adorable things they say.

I am excited for the day, a day very far into the distant future, when I have kids of my own.
And hopefully, they will have just as many funny things to say as the Mitchells and their cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger