1.03.2010

I Know

First Post of 2010...both weird and exciting!

I'll talk more about 2010, resolutions, etc. in another post, because today, I just want to express my testimony and gratitude.
I didn't get up today to bear my testimony in my home ward, because we started to run out of time really fast. I know this is a poor excuse, but I'd like to write my testimony and what I would've said today in church now.

In my Institute Book of Mormon Class, Brother Marshall talked a lot about a concept called "divine positioning" or in other words, that each person is where they are supposed to be in life for a reason and that we are put in situations in life where we can exercise our talents and discover talents to benefit others, as well as ourselves. Not only temporal talents, but also the talents that resonate within us...spiritual talents that we have had with us since the pre-existence. I want to thank Heavenly Father for the talents which He has given me and the people around me who have helped and are still helping me along the way to become who I am to be. I know that each person in my life has been divinely positioned to help me and for me to hopefully help them along the way. I am thankful for this knowledge and The Book of Mormon. I know The Book of Mormon and all of the Scriptures are the true words of God and the most amazing and life changing books anyone could ever read. I am so thankful that I know that my family can be together forever and I can't wait to go to the Temple someday with a worthy Priesthood holder. This past year, I have come to realize how important it is to be surrounded by worthy Priesthood holders and to be worthy to receive the blessings and counsel that come from the Priesthood. I know that we have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and that he, just like Joseph Smith, is a man of God and receives revelation to help guide us and protect us. I know that God lives and knows each of us personally. He loves us so much and so does our brother, His Son, Jesus Christ. I can't wait for the day when I can personally thank him for all He has done for me. He is the ultimate best friend and knows exactly how to "comfort me when faint and He lives to hear my soul's complaint." I love Him so much for these things and all He has done for me. I am so grateful for this knowledge and the Gospel in my life. I have know clue what I would do without the direction it brings to my life and I am so grateful for the peace it brings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger