1.27.2010

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” -Abraham Lincoln

Remember when I said I had some new ideas for this blog? Well, here is a post that incorporates one of these ideas. At least once a month (probably more than once a month), I am going to write about the amazing people who are the "charming gardeners" in my life and have made my "soul blossom".

Today, I woke up unusually early and started to get ready for classes. However, I didn't finish due to some violent stomach flu or food poisoning. So I called my mom and told her what happened and that I wasn't going to go to class. I laid in bed all morning, craving a Dairy Queen chicken basket and chocolate extreme blizzard (weird, right?), watching Just Like Heaven and sleeping. It took me back to when I was in 9th grade and I came home from school on Valentine's Day with an excruciating migraine and nausea. My mom sat next to me and watched Just Like Heaven with me and took care of me.

I woke up around 12:30 and talked to Rosie. I still was too nauseous and dizzy to go to class with her, so she told me to go back to sleep and she would tell our professor what had happened. So I ate some crackers, threw up some more, and watched The Holiday and slept. This movie took me back to my sophomore year of high school when I came home after lunch one day, because I was so burned out with school and just wanted to rest. My mom ironed and took care of me while we watched The Holiday. I really just wanted my mom all of this morning and afternoon. I just wanted to be home and know that I would get better because my mom would take care of me.

Around 4 o'clock, Hope called me and told me that mom was coming to see me. My heart sang and... I felt a little selfish, because I knew she had a migraine today and probably didn't feel very well herself. But it just made me so happy to see her coming toward my building with food and a smile. I start crying just thinking about it. She stayed for a half hour, talking and eating Hire's in my room with me. It was so hard for me to hug her and see her go, but ever since her visit, I have thankfully started to progress and feel better.

My mom is an angel and a huge part of my life. She is the most compassionate and Christ-like person I know. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for her. She has made me who I am today. I can always count on her for a good laugh and comforting words. She is a rock and I am so thankful I can always rely on her and her wisdom. She is one of my absolute best friends.


“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving

You are simply the best, Mom.
Thank you for everything.

3 comments:

  1. You're too kind...is what I have to say, no photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, so sweet and so true! Glad you are feeling better. That is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! I'm sorry you were sick, but I definitely feel the same way about my mom. Aren't moms the greatest? You write beautifully, by the way. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger