12.21.2009

"A pair of shoes can change your life. Just ask Cinderella!" -Anonymous

On Friday afternoon, my sister, mom and I had a girls' afternoon that turned into a girl's night. We had lunch and saw The Princess and the Frog, which I absolutely loved!!!

Afterward, we went Christmas shopping. For much too long. Because, despite the email filled with suggestions for Christmas presents at my mother's request, she says she can't find anything for me for Christmas. We looked around every store and I was starting to get a little weak and grumpy. Let's just say I am not a marathon shopper. When we walked into Famous Footwear, I started trying on some boots like these that I have wanted...



But here's the problem, my feet are awkward. They are big, weirdly shaped, and unpredictable (I'm anywhere from a size 9 to a size 10.5). So as I tried these on and some similar styles, none of them fit correctly and I couldn't find a size that would fit. So, I will be searching for more tomorrow and hopefully finding more success in a shorter amount of time.

So lately, as you have probably gathered from reading, I have been a little frustrated. Though I am not looking to get married any time soon, I just can't help but wonder if a Prince Charming even exists for me. Most days, I don't think he is even out there and like those boots, I feel like no one is ever going to fit quite right. But other days, I have a small, glimmering hope that he is out there and waiting restlessly for me, the right fit. In the CES Fireside with Sister Elaine Dalton, she said, "In your pursuit of friendships and an eternal marriage partner, you cannot just make a list of all the qualities you are looking for in another or in an eternal companion. You must be your list at all times and in all things and in all places."



Like Cinderella, I guess I need to just have faith that the "dream that I wish will come true", keep working hard to become more like my list and one day, it'll all pay off and someone will finally fit nicely.

3 comments:

  1. Awww Catherine! I love this post. Just remember, he IS OUT THERE WAITING FOR YOU! He's just probably finishing up a mission and becoming the perfect guy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't ask why my name says pluboocrankly. last time I checked, it's Lydia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger