1.05.2010

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around, you might miss it!" -Ferris Bueller

I was being weird one day last week and I started to get scared about turning nineteen. Not really scared. But it was just something I could not comprehend and I really don't like this getting older business. Though I can easily embrace change, I am a little apprehensive about the lots of things that are going to be changing. More girl friends are probably going to be getting engaged and married, more guy friends are leaving on their missions and more wondering about the future and making big decisions. And as scary as it may seem, I felt this really overwhelming peace that everything was going to be alright, ya know the feeling, and I became strangely excited about getting older. In 2009, I learned to rely on the Lord more than anyone else. I really don't know what I would do if I couldn't talk to my Heavenly Father. I know that He really is listening and loves us and He'll continue to be there for me and all of you this year as we get older and start having the big decisions to make. So after that long tangent, here are this year's goals finally and in no particular order. I truly am more enthusiastic about this year than I have ever been. I just know that good things are going to be happening and it's going to be an exciting 2010.

Get a job.
I really need to get a job...while trying to maintain my scholarship. As busy as I'm going to be this semester, I feel really lazy and feel like I need to work.
Dream Job: Retail Store like Bath and Body Works, Gap, Banana Republic, J. Crew, or Ann Taylor...The benefits of being an employee aren't just health or dental...deeply discounted, high quality clothing!!
More Realistic Job: CNA at University, LDS, or Primary Children's Hospitals. Or an office job on Campus.

Scriptures and Prayers EVERYDAY
This is always a goal for me. It helps for me to have this one as a reminder on my list of yearly goals that I keep on my desk. It's by small and simple things that great things come to pass! I know that when I do pray and read, the day goes so much better and great things really do happen.

Take care of myself.
In November, I remember waking up one morning and looking at myself in the mirror. I did not look healthy. I looked really haggard and paler than usual. I know what you are thinking..."Maybe it was because it was morning." But I really don't think that it was just that. Though I was exercising 6 days a week for 1-2 hours, I wasn't really taking care of myself. So this year I will need to start getting to bed earlier, managing my time well, maybe eating something while I am at school, and try to continue to exercise at least 3 times a week. The exercising brings me to another goal. I have two plans in mind right now and I am still working on figuring out what I am going to do, so I'll get back to you on that.

Temple at least once a month.
Check for January, although I will probably go again...I was able to go this morning with some girls from my ward to the Bountiful Temple (I haven't been there since August...I've only been going to Salt Lake since then, so it was nice to return) and it was a wonderful experience. I love love love the peace I feel when I am there and the inspiration that comes while I am there.

Someone
I know love cannot be planned, but I feel like something needs to happen in the Love Department of my Life this year. Even if I just go out on a few really good dates!

Smile more.
Smiling just makes you feel better, don't you think? But not only does it benefit you, but the power of a smile is incredible and far reaching. I took my mom to an appointment yesterday and as I kept smiling at the people that would walk by or were waiting, it was amazing how the expressions on the people's faces would completely change and they would smile back. It sounds weird and somewhat creepy to smile at complete strangers, but you never know what people are going through and if one smile could change someone's day. I love the song "Smile" written by Charlie Chaplin and my favorite version is the Nat King Cole version. One of the lines say, "You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile." It is so true. Though I may not feel like smiling every day, I know it's important to stay optimistic and keep a smile on your face. It really will help you and those around you feel better.

But the main thing to remember this year is to look around and find joy in the journey, no matter what it brings!

SO... Bring it on, 2010! I can't wait to see what surprises and lessons you bring!

1 comment:

  1. Basically I've had "Smile" stuck in my head a lot recently--only the Glee version. Great song. And those are definitely so good goals! I'm sure you will be able to do them all no problem knowing you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger