12.30.2009

"It's elementary, my dear Watson." -Sherlock Holmes

Confession: I love Robert Downey Jr.

On Monday, we went to see Sherlock Holmes as a family and though, as Watson puts it, he practices his violin at three in the morning, creates messes, has a general lack of hygiene and steals Watson's clothes, I thought the Sherlock was amazing. I don't know what it is, but I just can't help loving Robert Downey Jr.

I love his eyes, hair, smile, smirks and quirky personality. However...he is only 5'9"...doesn't quite meet the height requirement. And...yes, he is old and married. But I think he is a wonderful actor and if he was quite younger and single and LDS...you know who I'd be after.

Out of the movies I have seen the past two weeks, here are my rankings...

1. The Princess and The Frog: It was sweet, adorable, and full of a good message that you have to look past what you want to see what you actually need.
2. Sherlock Holmes...Robert Downey Jr. AND Jude Law, enough said. Loved it.
3. Terminator Salvation...I watched it with my brother tonight and thought the special effects were awesome. And Christian Bale and Sam Worthington. Oh, and the end when it talks about what makes a human is the heart and what it thrives for. (It sounds corny, BUT I'm looking for corny in my life :) )
4. Avatar...Impressive and Impressively LONG. It was really pretty to look at, but lacking in plot for me. Too predictable and painful...the bridge of my nose still is red from the 3D glasses.

I know, I know, this post sounds ridiculous and maybe a little creepy. But, I just had to tell someone...whoever you are reading this! :)

1 comment:

  1. K!!! I LOVED THIS MOVIE! He did such a fabulous job, I can't wait for the next one! This is definitely in my top fave movies. I completely love Rachel McAdams and Jude Law and Robert!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger