11.23.2009

"This fleeting world is like a star at dawn ..."-The Diamond Sutra

"This fleeting world is like a star at dawn, a bubble in a stream, a flash of lightning in a summer cloud, a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream..."
- The Diamond Sutra

This morning, we watched a video about preschool children in my Infant and Childhood Psychology class and a huge flash of memories came flooding back to me. I remember so clearly going to preschool with JaNae and all of our other friends. It's so interesting to reflect on how everyone has changed since that point in life and see how fast time really does fly. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was getting ready to be Princess Odette for our preschool Halloween party and now my first semester of college is over. I really can't believe it.

Life is so ephemeral. I beg of you, don't take it for granted. No matter our circumstances, we are all so richly blessed. As Thanksgiving is coming up, I hope that everything I do shows my thanks and gratitude for what I have. I am so thankful for my family, the Gospel, my amazing friends, and the list goes on and on! Enjoy every moment you experience, give thanks for every breath you have, and absorb everything you are a part of and witness, whether it is to be used for the betterment of yourself or to be used as a cautionary tale/life lesson. I'm trying to make everything last, but I can't. Time just passes by and the days run together. Some things are so vividly in my mind, while others I have to try as hard as I can to. Memory is such a funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger