11.04.2009

"Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles."- Mike Greenberg

My entire life is evidence of this quote. I could write endlessly about all of the miracles and blessings that I have been so privileged to receive and have been endlessly showered on me throughout my life. But, I'll just share some miracles that have been in my life lately.

First, here are the major blessings of the week. I never thought I would ever say this, but my writing professor, Matt Bradley became my hero of the day last Wednesday. He moved all of the deadlines back a day for all of my assignments, making this life a lot more bearable and preventing me from going absolutely insane from studying, homework, and sleep deprivation. It was the start of a chain of events that have been huge blessings in my school work. I was able to finish my book for City as A Text in one day. It was a long and painful day, but I was able to get ahead of the rest of my floor who were still reading it today and a book report was due on it TODAY. On Monday, Matt Bradley cancelled class for a funeral and my math professor changed the test day to Friday and cancelled class on Monday. This gave me an extra 3 hours of time to work on homework and get ahead. I was able to get so much accomplished and I'm feeling better about the test, although tomorrow will be math lockdown and lowdown day after class. But I know the reason why this week has gone so much better and I've been so blessed is due to a blessing my dad gave me while I was home this weekend. I don't know what I would do or how I would survive college/life without the blessings of the Priesthood and the Gospel.

Second, I don't think I have ever appreciated the Fall and seasons as much as I have this year. I have been hypersensitive to everything around me and every time I pass a colorful tree, I can't help but feel extreme joy for nature and the beautiful creations Heavenly Father has given us to enjoy.


Can't you just see the joy on my face? What a corny picture.
I love this transition of fall and winter that I even wrote a sort of couplet about my walk to class today in writing; "The leaves, falling and swirling as the wind blows, will soon be replaced by flurries of clean, white snows." I'm just enjoying the Fall while I still can and the transition into winter. . If I am having a bad day, all I have to do is pray and then there is nothing a quick walk or run around campus won't do to help me feel better. Fall is absolutely gorgeous in Salt Lake City and in Centerville when I get to go back. Here are some pictures I took in my backyard when I went home last weekend.

Third, this is similar to the one above (and most of my other posts), but I am so thankful for holiday traditions and I can't even begin to express how excited I am for Thanksgiving and Christmas, not only because it means I am almost done with my first semester of college, but it also means I can be with my family and friends to reflect on what I am grateful for...all the tiny miracles and blessings in my life... and the miracle of the Savior and all that He has done for us. They really are my greatest loves in life and really are my life.

So, just look around you! Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is just around the corner from that! Enjoy the weather and enjoy life! There is so much to be grateful for and every single day is filled with miracles and opportunities that Heavenly Father takes to bless us.

1 comment:

  1. Searched this quote and just wanted to drop a ping to say keep up the inspirational posts. Hope you are still bloging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger