11.01.2009

"I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen."-Taylor Swift

The song that has been running through my mind for months now is Fifteen by Taylor Swift. I think every girl needs to listen to it and take the words to heart, especially girls in junior high and high school. Her words ring so true. It’s so important to know that we don’t know everything and that everything isn’t going to work out how we think it will. I thought I knew everything when I was fifteen, but looking back, it makes me realize that the Lord knows what is best for us. He has made more of my life than I could’ve guessed it would be when I was fifteen.

Before I moved out in August, I had the chance to do some cleaning and stumbled across my journals. It was amazing to see the person I was and who I am now.


When I was fifteen…
• I was a sophomore at Viewmont High school.
• I was 5’5” and had a size 10 shoe.
• After high school, I thought I would go to BYU and become a pediatric nurse.
• I had a crush on Ryan Workman. (Hasn’t every girl, even if it was just for a few minutes or a few days?)
• I had lots of friends, but I really wanted to be popular.














Where I am now…
• I’m a freshman at the University of Utah.
• I am 5’7” and have a size 10 shoe.
• I’m living on campus and planning on going into pediatric nursing.
• I consider Ryan to be a great friend, but I don't have a crush on him (or anyone else right now).
• High school and popularity isn’t the “end all” in life. Life goes on after high school and though high school was fun, I know that the best years of my life are ahead of me. It’s so important to know that there is more than just being popular and well-liked. It’s all about liking and accepting yourself for the amazing son or daughter of God that you are, and creating meaningful relationships with people that will build you up and make you a better person. These people aren’t always going to be the most popular people in high school, but they are the most genuine. I'm thankful for those people in my life that are the most genuine and caring friends a girl could ever have.


Though life is not everything I expected it would be, it’s so much better than anything I could’ve imagined. Everyday, I’m finding out who I’m supposed to be and I’m learning to completely trust in the Lord’s plan for me. I definitely didn’t know who I was going to be today when I was fifteen, but I’m glad that I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger