11.20.2009

"And then you shot across my sky like a meteor..."-Edward Cullen

"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything." -Edward Cullen

Okay, I know what you are thinking. Just do not keep reading if you do not like Twilight. :)

In honor of New Moon coming out, I just had to blog about this and what has been on my mind. Lately I've been feeling like something is coming and it'll be something good. (West Side Story...anyone, anyone?) Anyway, I was thinking about it in writing the other day and I associate so many good things in my life back to the opening of Twilight a year ago. It sounds really dumb, but it's true, probably all coincidence, but I don't care. Reading the books helped me get through a really rough patch at the end of my junior year in high school. I wasn't hooked or thought it was the best piece of literature in the world, but I loved the plot and it kept my mind preoccupied.

Exactly a year ago, I saw the midnight showing of Twilight with about ten to fifteen of my friends. It was so much fun to see it with them and hundreds of screaming girls (both old and young). I was mesmerized by the movie. Even though it is incredibly cheesy at some parts, I loved it so much and I couldn't get it out of my mind. And around this time last year, everything seemed so magical and so many wonderful things happened in my life. Here are just a few of the memories I have...

-The day after Twilight came out, our family bought our Honda Pilot. I love this car. I feel like a Cullen when I drive it, even though it's just a Honda and it's a SUV. Hope and I had really fun times on Friday afternoon drives listening to the Twilight soundtrack, having heart to heart conversations, and exploring Davis County neighborhoods. My mom, sister and I saw Twilight that same day and when we came back, the Utes had won against BYU...which is always a spectacular event, especially at my house.
-Going to the Christmas Dance. One of the best dates ever. Bella's Lullaby. Enough said.
-The first day of Christmas Break (Saturday), Hope and I drove over to Gateway 8 that night and saw Twilight. We snuck in gelato (we live on the edge, don't ya think? :) ). It was just so much fun to see it again and anticipate favorite parts, quote the lines, and be shushed by people around us.
-I was actually starting to understand AP Chemistry. Everything was clicking and I was enjoying that class (for more than one reason). This was a huge deal at the time.
-I applied to all of the schools I was considering. The same week that Twilight came out on DVD, I received my great scholarship at the U of U. And a week after that, our family flew to Washington DC to visit our family back there and sight-see.

I have many more things I could talk about, but those are just a few great things that I associate with Twilight. My sister and I became a lot closer at this time, I had someone come into my life who made me feel beautiful and worthwhile, and I received my scholarship from the U of U, which ultimately led me to make the decision to attend Utah...which has been a major blessing in disguise.

Last night, Sarah and I saw New Moon, thanks to Kelsey Turville and her tickets that she bought in July or August. It was amazing. New director+Taylor Lautner and his body + Kristen Stewart actually being able to say her lines=Better movie. I still can't help but think about it and how fun it was to see it. And I'm hoping that the same magic of Twilight that makes wonderful things happen will be coming my way soon! Wow, this all sounds cheesier than a line from Twilight, but as I've said before, I don't care. I definitely wouldn't call myself a die hard fan, but I can't help but be captivated by the characters from the books and now the movies that have come from Stephenie Meyer's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger