10.29.2009

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold."-Nursery Rhyme Song

As I sit here with beyond tame-able crimped hair and glittery eye shadow/eye liner, I can't help but write about how wonderful today, Wednesday October 28, has been!

Other than the fact that I had hardly any sleep and I opened my closet to find my mirror that had been on my door smashed up on the floor. Don't know how that happened, BUT Rosie and I just sat and laughed for about fifteen minutes about nothing this morning...that's how sleep deprived we were from doing our research outlines. It was great!

I made it on time for the earlier shuttle to get to psychology. As usual, it was crammed with people, BUT a guy stood up and offered his seat for me! Just when I begin to think chivalry is dead and guys are the most hopeless creatures ever, I have an encounter just like this and I begin to think there really is hope!

When I walked into psychology, my professor had cued a movie and what to my wondering eyes should appear!? PHILLIP ZIMBARDO.

Background information: In AP Psychology my senior year, Dan Barnett and I sat by each other. Bad combination. We would laugh about everything and sometimes, he would draw the people in the movies we would watch. It just so happens that we watched about a zillion Phillip Zimbardo (He became known as the Devil or Rapist to me and my friends in that class...we don't hate him or mean to be disrespectful, but just look up a picture of him and you'll see why).

I burst out laughing in the middle of a dead silent class that was almost completely asleep. I couldn't help but think of Dan's drawing of Phillip Zimbardo. It was almost as good as Picasso...ALMOST.
So I texted him when class was over and we ended up talking tonight for a little while, just catching up and talking about school. I am so grateful for his friendship and for the great high school memories I made with him...like Senior Year Homecoming and AP Psychology. Like one of my previous posts said, Dan is just one of many people that have come into my life and his friendship and example has made me a better person in so many ways.

Skipping the math and writing class parts, not to say they weren't good, but nothing really happened in them, as well as lunch.

After doing homework, Rosie and I took an adventure to Smith's Marketplace to get tinsel, neon pink posters, and a silver sharpie. "Why?" you may ask...we'll get to that in a minute.
The Smith's Marketplace on 4th South is somewhat sketchy, but sadly, there are no interesting stories to report from this trip. Rosie and I just kept laughing at everything and making up ridiculous stories about things we'd see on the aisles. We split a delicious Cafe Rio salad and continued just laughing really hard at everything...hopefully my abs have something to show for it.

We came back to the dorms and started to prepare for... our building's costume contest! Rosie left for a couple hours for a sorority thing and I did some more homework, but when she came back, the crimping and futurizing process began. I talked to Dan somewhere in between all of that, but then it was serious crunch time. We were hurrying to paint our nails, do our makeup/hair, and put on our leggings, skirts, and all of our accessories. Then 9:30 came and it was time for the costume contest. We were a little worried that people wouldn't be able to tell who we were...
What do you think?
Sadly, Zenon and Nebula only came in second place and we didn't get the trophy of the month. But it was hilarious and I had so much fun with Rosie. She's my SuperNova Girl! She is one of the funniest people I have ever met and I'm so glad she is my roommate! I am really thankful for the wonderful new friends I've made and the experiences I've had with them.
Obviously today was a very laugh-y day, but it was a FABULO-STELLAR-LUNARIOUS day! And as usual, to sum up my quote simply, I love all of my friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! YES!! I love it!! I love the pictures. You look hot girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks girl! You took the one of Dan and I, remember? Hahaha! And my mom said that when Thomas saw the pictures, he said, "Wow, she looks really awful!" I take that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger