10.22.2009

"I have to keep my composure, but it's really hard since LIFE IS SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!" -Catherine Newman

Wednesday, October 21st, was one of the best days ever. Want to know why? Well, it began Tuesday night when Rosie and I were discussing costume ideas for our building's costume contest. We decided to be Zenon and Nebula from Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century...Soo excited! It's going to be hilarious and awesome... Just you wait and see! Then we had a spontaneous 80's dance party in her room with some other girls on our floor. But afterward, we had to finish our homework and go to bed, which was not the fun part of the evening. Wednesday, I woke up really stiff and sore, so naturally I was kind of mad at myself. But the day could only get better from there. I made it to psychology with five minutes to spare and the subject material was such that actually stay awake. Then, I went to the library and studied for my Writing class. Halfway through my reading, I looked up to rest my eyes and well, what to my wondering eyes should appear? A really cute boy whom I decided I would like from a distance. I call him Red Sox, because he wears a Red Sox hat. Moving forward from that incredibly redundant sentence, I left the library to go to my Calc II/Stats class. It was the day we were going to get our test scores back and I was really nervous. Professor Hecht came to class...late as usual...and started passing our tests back. I sat anxiously waiting for my name to be called. Finally, he said, "Catrime Mewman." (He's Polish, so that is just how he says my name.) I turned over the test and saw 100% circled 5 times in red pen. I couldn't believe my eyes...I almost jumped out of my seat and screamed for joy. 100%. It was an answer to prayers and I knew that I had so much help from above in addition to all of the preparation I had done. It was just another daily witness that God knows me and hears my prayers. I had to keep my composure for the rest of class, but I was just so excited I almost started crying. After class, I made it to my writing class ten minutes late, which is relatively early considering I'm usually about 20 minutes late. Gladly, my schedule will not be like this next semester and I may have time to breathe and study between all of my classes! Then City As A Text, which is usually quite painful, wasn't so bad and I'm excited for our group's next walkabout which is Signage on 4th South. It'll be really fun and interesting. After City As A Text, I worked out at the gym in the building across from mine for an hour. I ran about 4 or 5 miles, then I had dinner and showered. I put on some comfy clothes and watched Glee with Sarah, Cameron, Katherine, and Raisa, then I did Rosie's hair for her and got to bed early. It was a beyond excellent day.

Friday was really good too. Except one of first times in college I get asked out on a date, I was already committed to go back and babysit. Just my luck. But I was so glad I was able to babysit my kids (the Mitchells) along with their cousins, Jarem, Kai, Andrew and Ella. 7 kids is quite a handful, but as always, it was a blast. They all were angels and so adorable. Afterward, I had some delicious apple crisp (mmm one of the best parts of Fall) and drove around with JaNae for an hour to talk about life and college and everything. I swear whenever we are together, we go insane. We are insane though. College has made us pretty crazy...or has intensified everything crazy about us.

Yesterday, I went with my sister and mom to see "Where The Wild Things Are". Do not waste your time and money. I repeat, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Honestly, I thought it would get better but it got worse and worse. At the end, when Max comes home, I was really deeply upset that he didn't tell his mother, "Sorry" or "Thank you, Mom" or "I love you, Mom". No, instead the little brat didn't say anything to his heartsick and worried mother and the movie ended with him eating cake as he watched her sleep. I guess the only good that came from it was that it made me appreciate my parents for teaching me manners as well as expressing gratitude and love.

In Relief Society, we talked about President Uchtdorf's talk from the April 2009 Priesthood Session called, "We Are Doing A Great Work and Cannot Come Down." If you haven't read it, I suggest you do. It was excellent. In the lesson, we discussed our goals, what is preventing them, and the things that are most important in our lives. The things that I got out of it were that you have to set your heart on what matters most and avoid distraction. I realized that I was putting my focus on distractions that didn't need to be in my life. So tonight, I had someone change my Facebook password, write it down, and hide it in my room for the next month. That's right, I will not be on Facebook for the next month or two. It is just something that I don't feel is benefitting me and if anything is taking my focus away from school, church, institute, etc. Facebook is not necessarily a bad thing, but something that I want to take out of my life right now. The chance to be bold and strong in my standards and beliefs presents itself everyday and I hope you all know that you can't be passive in your beliefs and standards. You have to be continually strengthening your testimony and working on your faith...I hope that I can better do this while I try to avoid distractions. I couldn't be happier right now. I am loving school, loving the gospel, loving my family, loving my friends, and loving life.

Tonight, while I was doing my homework, I listened to another talk by President Uchtdorf. The one from the most recent general conference. It was the simplest and yet the timeliest message for me in my life right now. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's love for me and I don't know what I would do without it. Always remember your individual worth and how much you are loved. I'll end with this amazing quote, because I couldn't say it any better.


"Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount—that is the measure of God’s love for you.
God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely.
He loves us because He is filled with an infinite measure of holy, pure, and indescribable love. We are important to God not because of our résumé but because we are His children. He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. God’s love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked.
What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God"
General Conference October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger