8.18.2009

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

In less than a week, I start an exciting, new chapter of my life. College. It's something that I have always thought was so far away in life and now it is staring me in the face. Some of my closest friends are leaving to go to different places and I'll be moving out this weekend. A time of nostalgia and tears. As I think about it, I really have experienced a lot in my eighteen years, but I still have so many things to accomplish. A few weeks ago, I reaffirmed a decision that I made years and years ago. As I sat in the sealing room at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House, I thought, "There is nothing I want more in my life than to be able to be here someday and be with my family forever." Plain and simple. All I want is to live my life worthily so that I can continue to stand in holy places, be sealed in the Temple to a virtuous (and oh-so-handsome!) man, and be able to be with my family, Savior, and Heavenly Father someday and for eternity. I want to become someone refined and meaningful. I want to always be engaged in a good cause. And wherever I go in life, I want to go with all of my heart. Yes, yes. My first blog and it is already full of platitudes. But hopefully it will explain that amid the aimless wanderings (and lots of blunderings) in life, I am in pursuit of the meaningful things in life.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy this. I know what platitude means. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh don't you just love Mrs. Jenkins?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger